Maryland Chamber's 2008 Business Agenda
The Maryland Chamber’s Board of Directors recently approved its 2008 Business Agenda. Priorities for the 2008 General Assembly session include:
- Repealing the hastily adopted sales tax on computer services.
- Revising the unprecedented new corporate reporting requirements, so that necessary information is collected but overly burdensome requirements are removed.
- Fighting to keep Maryland’s regulatory and tax structure competitive.
- Promoting affordable health insurance.
- Defending civil liability laws and supporting meaningful tort reform.
- Improving Maryland’s transportation system.
- Balancing environmental concerns and economic development needs.
- Supporting education funding.